Friday 5 May 2017

NIRABHAYA

                 

Winds were brazen; clouds were dark.

The crisp wintry night that was!

But my spirit was sprightly, buoyant and czar.

My bosom friend's warm embrace was ajar.

We joyously hopped onto a bus. 

We sizzled and giggled, losing ourselves in each other's warmth.

We cared a little who was in and around.

But we realised very soon,

hawks and vultures; beasts and goons were floating around.

My bosom friend tried to shoo them away,

Instead, he fell prey to their hawkish eyes.

Vultures ripped my body; beasts gashed my soul apart.

Goons hurled us out of the bus; naked, bruised and agape.

We cried we bled, almost till our last breaths.

After five years of the barbaric and devilish act,

I heard they are going to be hanged to death. 

One vulture, one hawk; one beast and a goon,

will go away from this earth very soon.

What about the looming hawkish spirits?

Can you hang and bury them forever? 

Till then I am not - 'Nirbhaya.'

No comments:

Post a Comment